Monument dedicated to the Sisters who served in Saskatchewan
The monument “Called to Serve” commemorates pioneering religious women who established hospitals, schools and social services in Saskatchewan starting in 1860, laying the foundation for modern day education, health care and social service institutions across the province. The monument features two Catholic Sisters cast in bronze, one representing a teacher, the other a nurse. It was unveiled on October 1 in Regina’s Wascana Park close to Saskatchewan’s Legislative Grounds.
Over 180 Sisters from different congregations gathered for the celebration. The Sisters of Social Service were one of communities represented.
Pictures of the Day
SSS FEDERATION NEWS
Representatives from the United States, Canada and Taiwan gathered in the Philippines to celebrate the renewal of vows of Sister Camille and the Final Vows of Sister Vangie. Over 100 people attended this wonderful celebration. The highlights of this event are found below: